David has the responsibility for mergers and acquisitions, subsidiary operations oversight, acquisition sourcing and assimilation, due diligence, growth strategy and turnaround management.
David has significant experience in the healthcare industry over the past 35 years:
- He served 17 years in senior executive C – level roles in private and public companies in healthcare related medical service, medical products and software service ventures. Led 7 major medical service mergers with successful integrations.
- As Senior Vice President for National Operations for the publicly traded American Medical Response Inc, he led $1.3 Billion mission critical medical services operations in 44 states, 250 sites and 22,000 employees.
- Conducted 4 years of multiple successful medical service turnarounds producing a first year net profit swing of $37 million for medical service business entities, up to 2500 employees. He led roll outs of major medical technology, contracting and business process improvement initiatives.
- David led AMRs highest performing business unit from $36 million to $125 million in revenue in just 4 years as regional CEO and Senior Corporate Vice President.
- Met and exceeded all financial targets in nearly 20 consecutive quarters through organic and acquisition growth in a public healthcare company as Regional CEO.
- Secured $1.05 billion career medical business development revenue from multi-year high performance medical service contracts [SLAs] of $1-$25 million in commercial and government sectors.
- Key executive during one of business history’s most successful M&A medical service roll-ups improving shareholder value from $8.50 share at IPO to $40 share at exit in only 5 years after 70 accretive acquisition integrations.
- In addition to C level roles at AMR and predecessors, more recently served as Chief Strategy Officer for Heritage Health Products – a global medical products business; Chief Operating Officer for Cartasite, Inc – an enterprise software venture; led strategy planning for a national physician medical billing roll up, lead contract executive in several start up SaaS ventures and Blue Ocean strategy projects and developed a mobile integrated health model in Maryland.
- The top graduate of the Valley Medical Center School of Medicine’s Paramedicine Program in 1976. Developed and led the nation’s first Special Trauma and Rescue [STAR] Team for the US Secret Service and San Diego EMS. Served as a certified Mobile Intensive Care Paramedic in California. Co-created television’s “Paramedics 10-97” reality based series. Led and commanded emergency medical operations in 5 counties during the 1989 Loma Prieta Earthquake.
- Provided executive oversight and emergency medical contingency planning during the 1995 mass casualty bombing in Oklahoma City.
- Developed the first pilot and national roll out for Critical Incident Stress Debriefing CISD program for public safety professionals.
- Led a medical humanitarian mission to the Republic of Guinea in 1999.